Bacharach 19-8045 Informant 2 dual deluxe refrigerant/combustible gas detector kit includes refrigerant and combustible sensors, color-coded sensor tips, protective rubber boot, flashlight, instruction manual, 6 AA batteries, and 5 filters all packaged in a hard carrying case.
The Informant® 2 leak detector allows pinpoint detection of both refrigerant and combustible gas leaks with the same instrument.
Its unique combination of state-of-the-art patented sensor technology, advanced software design, and microprocessor controlled circuitry offers you unmatched precision coupled with tremendous speed. It is unquestionably the most sensitive, most reliable, most accurate leak detector on the market today. And the fastest.
Swap sensor tips within seconds and never worry about adjusting sensitivity levels—it's taken care of automatically—even where high levels of background vapors or refrigerants are present. The refrigerant sensor tip is finely tapered to 0.2 inch diameter, so you can get in between coils and fittings, gaining access to hard to reach areas.
The Informant® 2 leak detector features an audible indicator with a mute option coupled with sequential LEDs to monitor increasing concentrations of refrigerant or combustible gases. Dual bar graph displays offer visual confirmation no matter what position the instrument is in. A flashing light at the tip of the probe helps to visually define your sampling location.
- One instrument—two functions
- Lightweight and ergonomically designed
- Swap sensor tips in seconds
- Microprocessor controlled for accuracy and reliability
- Sensitivity is automatically adjusted
- Sensors are the industry's most responsive
- Hydrophobic filter prevents moisture contamination
- Optional rubber boot holds MagLite® flashlight
- Sequential flashing probe tip, dual LED displays and loud tick rate indicates relative concentration levels
- Detects all halogens and combustibles
- Response time is two-tenths of one second
- Probe length adjustable from 3" to 20"
- Sensing Elements: Refrigerant - Heated Diode, U.S. Patent No. 5,932,176; Combustible - Patented semiconductor type, 5 year typical life, plug-in replacement
- Refrigerants Detected: All CFC, HCFC and HFC refrigerants including: R-12, R-22, R-123, R-134a and blends R-404A, R-408A, R-409A and R-410A (i.e., any refrigerant containing Chlorine, Fluorine or Bromine gas)
- Combustible Gases Detected: All combustible gases and vapors
- Alarm Sensitivity: Refrigerant 0.25 oz/year of R134a (hardest to detect refrigerant); Combustibles Minimum 50 PPM (Methane)
- Alarm Types: Audible and dual visual LEDs
- Power Source: Four (4) AA disposable alkaline batteries included
- Warm-up Time: 10 seconds
- Response Time: Instantaneous
- Battery Life: 4 to 5 hours, under typical intermittent operation.
- Probe: 20" (50.8 cm) maximum length, fully extended; 3" (7.62 cm) if wrapped around instrument. Includes LED indicator
- Size: 1.75"W (4.44cm) x 9.62"L (24.43cm) x 2.25"H (5.72 cm)
- Weight: 0.86 lbs. (0.39 kg) with batteries
- Agency Approvals: Refrigerant UL listed in accordance with SAE J1627. Combustible MET Lab certified to UL 913, intrinsically safe for use in Class I, Division 1, Group D hazardous areas.
- CE-Mark: Independently tested
- Warranty: One year, including sensors.