Fieldpiece ASX14 Superheat & Subcooling Accessory Head
Recent studies suggest that over half of the AC systems in operation in the U.S. are undercharged or overcharged. This causes decreased efficiency, and sometimes, premature compressor failure. The Fieldpiece Superheat and Subcooling Accessory for Air Conditioning, model ASX14, measures suction line, or low side, line temperature and pressure. It then calculates actual superheat in real time using built in P/T charts. It also measures liquid line, or high side, line temperature and pressure, and calculates actual subcooling. Use it to get actual superheat on R-22 and R-410A fixed orifice systems and actual subcooling on TXV / TEV regulated systems. Use the “T” fitting to charge to actual superheat or subcooling by putting the ASX14 in-line between your refrigerant bottle and the system.
- Display pressure in PSI or kPa.
- Display temperature in ºF or ºC.
- Display superheat in ºF or ºC.
- Select R22 or R410A.
- Auto-off can be disabled for data logging.
- Includes "T".
- Accepts K-type thermocouples.
- ATC1 pipe clamp T/C included.
- LED indicates when readings are stable.
- Thermocouple calibration pot.
- Push-button atmosphere pressure calibration.
- Operating environment: 32ºF to 122ºF; 0ºC to 50ºC at <75%RH
- Allow ~5 min. for ASX14 to come to ambient temp.
- Storage environment: -4ºF to 140ºF; -20ºC to 60ºC at <80%RH with battery removed.
- Battery life: 25 hours typical. No measurable current draw when in "off" position.
- Low battery indication: Red LED lights
- Battery: 9V
- Auto off: Approx. 15 minutes
- Overloads: The ASX14 outputs 3.4V when temperature or pressure is outside of their working range (overloaded). For ranges below 3400mVDC, the normal overload symbol will be displayed on the meter (“OL”). For ranges above 3400mVDC, reading displayed will be approximately 3.4VDC.
- Stated Accuracy: at 73°F ± 9°F (23°C ±5°C) <90% R.H.
- Built-in Pressure/Temperature Charts: R22, R410A.
- Superheat and Subcooling Accessory for Air Conditioning - ASX14
- Pipe-Clamp Thermocouple 3/8” to 1 3/8” for Air Conditioning - ATC1
- Mini-calibration screwdriver
- 9V battery (installed)
- Operator’s manual
Contact us for complete specifications or visit www.Fieldpiece.com