The ATC1, K-type, pipe clamp thermocouple is used to take temperatures of pipes or any other cylindrical surface within its 3/8” to 1 3/8” jaw range. Using a pipe clamp thermocouple greatly facilitates taking superheat or subcooling measurements. Use the ATC1 for most A/C units. The ATC1 can be used with any of our meters that measure temperature and any thermometer accepting a K-type thermocouple.
- ATC1 jaw range: 3/8” to 1 3/8” pipe diameter (outside diameter)
- Accuracy: +/- 4ºF (2°C) ; ±1°F (0.5°C) after field calibration, 32 to 176ºF (0 to 80°C)
- Temperature range: -50 to 257ºF (-46 to 125°C)
- Thermocouple conductors: K-type nickel chromium/nickel aluminum.
- Probe insulation and clamp material: Calibration and atmosphere will affect maximum useful temperature in applications. The wire insulation and clamp material are designed to withstand a maximum continuous use at 257°F (125°C).
- Plug: K-type thermocouple male mini plug.
- Typical stabilization time: less than 30 seconds.