Fieldpiece ATC2 Large Pipe-Clamp Thermocouple
Fieldpiece ATC2 Large Pipe-Clamp Thermocouple 3/8” to 2 1/4” for Air Conditioning
The ATC2, K-type, pipe clamp thermocouple is used to take temperatures of medium to large pipes or any other cylindrical surface within its 3/8” to 2 1/4” jaw range. Using a pipe clamp thermocouple greatly facilitates taking superheat or subcooling measurements. Use the ATC2 for most A/C units. The ATC2 can be used with any of our meters that measure temperature and any thermometer accepting a K-type thermocouple.
Because the jaw is designed for HVAC/R, its clamping ability lets you measure temperatures of pipes that are fixed, at any angle, to walls or other surfaces. The sensor reaches correct temperature within a minute.
- ATC2 jaw range: 3/8” to 2 1/4” pipe diameter (outside diameter)
- Accuracy: +/- 4ºF (2°C) ; ±1°F (0.5°C) after field calibration, 32 to 176ºF (0 to 80°C)
- Temperature range: -50 to 180ºF (-46 to 82°C)
- Thermocouple conductors: K-type nickel chromium/nickel aluminum.
- Probe insulation and clamp material: Calibration and atmosphere will affect maximum useful temperature in applications. The wire insulation and clamp material are designed to withstand a maximum continuous use at 180°F (82°C).
- Plug: K-type thermocouple male mini plug.
- Typical stabilization time: less than 60 seconds.