Fieldpiece SC44 Mini Clamp Meter for HVAC/R
Fieldpiece SC44 Mini Clamp Meter for HVAC/R - Compact and Affordable
The SC44 Mini Clamp Meter for HVAC/R is a basic, affordable clamp-on meter designed for HVAC/R field service. It measures Amps AC, Volts AC, Volts DC, resistance, continuity, and includes a diode check. A built-in Non-Contact Voltage (NCV) sensor allows you to test thermostats and circuits to see if they’re hot or not. The range button (Looks like a two ring bulls eye) switches the SC44 between a manual ranging meter and an auto ranger. The small size fits easily in your hand. Keep it in glove box as a backup meter or hang it on your belt to take measurements in tight places. The SC44 is Cat.III 600V rated.
Features and Benefits
While this is a basic HVAC/R multimeter, it is backed by the Fieldpiece name. We designed it to be as durable as our big meters during field service calls. It also gives you the choice of manual or auto ranging with the push of a button. The built-in non-contact voltage sensor range works on thermostats and larger lines. It’s compact, easy to use and comes with a Cat. III 600V rating unlike many similarly priced meters.
With the NCV tab on the tip of the clamp close to an AC voltage, press and hold the NCV button. The NCV LED will light with an analog feel and the beeper will beep. The closer you get to AC voltage, the louder the beep. The NCV function is sensitive enough to detect 24VAC on thermostats (24V to 600V, 50Hz to 60Hz).
Using the attached amp clamp, read 0-400 amps directly on your meter with 0.1 resolution.
Wire Grabbing Jaw
The amp clamp is shaped like a jaw to make grabbing a single wire easy using only one hand.
The HOLD button is easily pressed with your thumb while holding the mini clamp meter naturally in your hand. It holds any reading on your SC44 so you can concentrate on the test points and look at the LCD after you’ve disconnected.
- Volts AC.
- Volts DC.
- Resistance (Ohms).
- Diode Test.
- Rugged ABS case.
- Ergonomic shape fits naturally in your hand.
- Auto power-off (APO) to conserve battery life.
- Under 8” tall
The SC44, while a basic mini clamp-on meter, it’s a solid performer and built exclusively for the work you do. Other small meters often lack the durability, ranges, ratings and resolution you need in a good backup meter. Like all of our clamp meters, the SC44 includes the built-in Non-Contact Voltage (NCV) tester, to save you time during a service call and space in your pocket or tool bag
- Mini Clamp Meter for HVAC/R - SC44
- Vinyl Test Leads
- Mini Clamp-On Meter Case – ANC4
- Two (2) 1.5V “AAA” batteries (installed)
- Operator’s manual
- Display: 3¾ digit liquid crystal display (LCD) with a maximum reading of 3999.
- Range: Manual ranging mode (SC44 & SC45), hold button for 2 seconds to return to autoranging mode.
- Overrange: "OL" or “-OL” mark indication.
- Auto power off: 10 minutes.
- Operating environment: 32 to 122°F (0 to 50°C), at <70% R.H.
- Storage temperature: -4 to 140°F (-20 to 60°C), @ <80% R.H. with batteries removed.
- Accuracy: Specifications good in ambient conditions of 74°F ±8°F (23°C ±4°C), <75% relative humidity.
- Temperature coefficient: 0.1×(specified accuracy) per °F/°C; 32 to 66°F (0 to 19°C); 82 to 122°F(28 to 50°C).
- Altitude: 6561.7 feet (2000m).
- Power: Two AAA 1.5V batteries.
- Battery life: 400 hours typical with alkaline.
- Accessories: One pair test leads, (2) 1.5V AAA batteries (installed), carrying case and operating instructions.
- Safety: Designed to meet IEC61010-1 (EN61010-1) and IEC61010-2-032 (EN61010-2-032), clamp is CATIII 300V, class II, voltage Cat.III 600V, and pollution degree 2 indoor use comply with CE, C-tick certified, UL listed..
- Ranges: 400mV, 4V, 40V, 400V, 600V
- Resolution: 0.1mV
- Accuracy: ±(0.5% rdg + 2 dgt)
- Input impedance: 400mV > 100MΩ, 4V = 10MΩ, 40V~600V = 9.1MΩ
- Transient protection: 6kV for 10μ sec
AC volts (50Hz - 500Hz)
- Ranges: 4V, 40V, 400V, 600V
- Resolution: 1mV
- Accuracy: ±(1.2% rdg + 5 dgts), ±(1.5% rdg + 5 dgts) on 600V range
- Input impedance: 4V = 10MΩ, 40V~600V = 9.1MΩ
- Ranges: 400Ω, 4kΩ, 40kΩ, 400kΩ, 4MΩ, 40MΩ
- Resolution: 0.1Ω
- Accuracy: ±(1.0% rdg + 4 dgts) on 400Ω to 400kΩ ranges, ±(1.5% rdg + 4 dgts) on 4MΩ range, ±(3.0% rdg + 5 dgts) on 40MΩ range
- Open circuit volts: -0.45VDC typical, (-1.2VDC on 400Ω range)
- AC Current (50Hz - 60Hz)
- Ranges: 40A, 400A,
- Resolution: 0.01A
- Accuracy: ±(2.0% rdg + 6 dgts)
- Audible indication: Less than 25Ω
- Response time: 500ms
- Test current: 1.2mA (approximate)
- Accuracy: ±(3.0% rdg + 3 dgts)
- Resolution: 10mV
- Audible indication: Less than 0.25V
- Open circuit volts: 3.0VDC typical
- VAC/DC - 600VDC or AC RMS
- AAC - 400AAC
- Resistance - 500VDC or AC RMS
- Continuity - 500VDC or AC RMS
- Diode - 500VDC or AC RMS