Fieldpiece SC46 True RMS Mini Clamp Meter
Fieldpiece SC46 True RMS Mini Clamp Meter with Temperature and Backlight - “Big” Meter Function in a Compact Design
The SC46 True RMS Mini Clamp Meter with Temperature and Backlight packs the biggest punch in the SC40 series. With features that rival many full-sized clamp-on meters, this auto ranging DMM packs a ton of functions into a compact, easy to handle shape. It includes temperature and capacitance as well as a bright green backlight and True RMS for more accurate readings on non-sinusoidal AC waveforms. It also packs in most of the other HVAC/R ranges you use everyday. Some technicians use the SC46 as their everyday DMM, others as back-up or second meter to get more testing done in less time. This mini-clamp was deigned to make your job easier, safer, and faster no matter where you choose to rank it in your bag.
The SC46 dial is very easy to read and operate with one with one hand. Simply select the range you’re testing and get the job done. Be sure to refer to the Operator’s Manual for safety information and warnings and use safe testing practices when hooking up your multimeter to any A/C or heating system.
The SC46 is a mini workhorse. The features and ranges included surpass those found on some full-size clamp meters.
Digital multimeters use two different types of AC sensing. The most common is average sensing, normalized to a true RMS value of a sine wave. The other is true RMS sensing. The actual true RMS value is sensed for a wave form within the limits of the crest factor. Either sensing method will give the same results on a clean sine wave but they may differ on a non-sinusoidal waveform.
Take ambient air or refrigeration line temperatures and more with the built-in K-type port and the included ATB1 wrap tab thermocouple. Add a wet sock (saturated tissue or a shoelace to take wet bulb temperatures. The built-in temperature junction offers great temperature compensation for more accurate and faster measurements., .
Measure microfarads on motor-start and motor-run capacitors to check for degradation. Don’t forget to discharge the capacitor before testing.
Using the amp clamp, read 0-400 amps directly on your meter with 0.1 resolution.
Wire Grabbing Jaw
The amp clamp is shaped like a jaw to make grabbing a single wire easy using only one hand.
With the NCV tab on the tip of the clamp close to an AC voltage, press and hold the NCV button. The NCV LED will light with an analog feel and the beeper will beep. The closer you get to AC voltage, the louder the beep. The NCV function is sensitive enough to detect 24VAC on thermostats (24V to 600V, 50Hz to 60Hz).
The HOLD button is easily pressed with your thumb while holding the mini clamp meter naturally in your hand. It holds any reading on your SC46 so you can concentrate on the test points and look at the LCD after you’ve disconnected.
- Volts AC.
- Volts DC.
- Resistance (Ohms).
- Rugged ABS case.
- Ergonomic shape fits naturally in your hand.
- Auto power-off (APO) to conserve battery life.
- All this in a meter under 8” tall.
- Competitive Advantages
The SC46 has features and benefits that rival many full-size clamp-on multimeters plus easy to use built-in safety features they don’t include. The built-in non-contact voltage sensor (NCV) sensor tells you if a line is hot or not before you work on it. The continuity beeper tells you if a circuit is open or closed. And the hold button on the side of the SC46 allows you to concentrate on the test point, hold the reading and then look at the display after you’ve disconnected.
- True RMS Mini Clamp Meter with Temperature and Backlight - SC46
- Vinyl Test Leads
- One (1) Wrap-Tab K-type Thermocouple - ATB1
- Mini Clamp-On Meter Case - ANC4
- Two (2) 1.5V “AAA” batteries (installed)
- Operator’s manual
- Display: 3¾ digit liquid crystal display (LCD) with a maximum reading of 3999.
- Range: Manual ranging mode, hold button for 2 seconds to return to autoranging mode.
- Overrange: "OL" or “-OL” mark indication.
- Auto power off: 10 minutes.
- Operating environment: 32 to 122°F (0 to 50°C), at <70% R.H.
- Storage temperature: -4 to 140°F (-20 to 60°C), @ <80% R.H. with batteries removed.
- Accuracy: Specifications good in ambient conditions of 74°F ±8°F (23°C ±4°C), <75% relative humidity.
- Temperature coefficient: 0.1×(specified accuracy) per °F/°C; 32 to 66°F (0 to 19°C); 82 to 122°F(28 to 50°C).
- Altitude: 6561.7 feet (2000m).
- Power: Two AAA 1.5V batteries.
- Battery life: 300 hours typical with alkaline
- Accessories: One pair test leads, (2) 1.5V AAA batteries (installed), wrap tab k-type thermocouple, carrying case and operating instructions.
- Safety: Designed to meet IEC61010-1 (EN61010-1) and IEC61010-2-032 (EN61010-2-032), CATIII 300V, class II and pollution degree 2 indoor use comply with CE, C-tick certified.
- Range: -30 to 400°F (-34 to 204°C)
- Resolution: 0.1°
- Accuracy: ±1°F (32 to 120°F); ±0.5°C (0 to 49°C), ±1% + 1.5°F (-4 to 400°F);±1% + 1°C (-20 to 204°C), ±2% + 4°F (-30 to -4°F);±2% + 2°C (-34 to -20°C)
- Sensor type: K-type thermocouple
- Range: 4μF, 40μF, 400μF, 4mF 4.000mF = 4000μF
- Resolution: 1.0nF
- Accuracy: ±(3% rdg + 10 dgts) on 4μF, ±(3% rdg + 5 dgts) on 40μF to 400μF, ±(5% rdg + 20 dgts) on 4mF (4000μF)
- Minimum input range: >100nF
- Safety: “dsc” symbol on LCD indicates that the capacitor must be discharged before testing.
- Ranges: 400mV, 4V, 40V, 400V, 600V
- Resolution: 0.1mV
- Accuracy: ±(0.5% rdg + 2 dgt)
- Input impedance: 400mV > 100MΩ, 4V = 10MΩ, 40V~600V = 9.1MΩ
- Transient protection: 6kV for 10μ sec
AC volts (50Hz - 500Hz)
- Ranges: 4V, 40V, 400V, 600V
- Resolution: 1mV
- Accuracy: ±(1.2% rdg + 5 dgts), ±(1.5% rdg + 5 dgts) on 600V range
- Input impedance: 4V = 10MΩ, 40V~600V = 9.1MΩ
- Ranges: 400Ω
- Resolution: 1Ω
- Accuracy: ±(1.0% rdg + 4 dgts)
- Open circuit volts: -1.2VDC
AC Current (50Hz - 60Hz)
- Ranges: 40A, 400A, Resolution: 0.01A
- Accuracy: ±(2.0% rdg + 6 dgts)
- Audible indication: Less than 25Ω
- Response time: 500ms
- VAC/DC - 600VDC or AC RMS
- AAC - 400AAC
- Resistance - 500VDC or AC RMS
- Continuity - 500VDC or AC RMS
- Capacitance - 500VDC or AC RMS
- Temperature - 60VDC or 30AC RMS
Contact us for complete specifications or visit www.Fieldpiece.com