Residential Construction Academy HVAC, 2nd Edition ISBN 9781439056349
Residential Construction Academy HVAC, 2nd Edition
Eugene Silberstein - Suffolk County Community College
ISBN-10: 143905634X ISBN-13: 9781439056349
RESIDENTIAL CONSTRUCTION ACADEMY: HVAC 2nd edition delivers training materials with a hands-on practical approach. Based on NAHB/HBI Skill Standards developed by an advisory board of leading builders and educators, this full color, comprehensive text is intended for aspiring technicians and covers the installation, startup and service of residential air conditioning and heating systems. This new edition continues to present material as a theory then explains with how-to instructions while at the same time adhering to the NAHB/Home Builders Institute's Skills Standards for HVAC. Instructions contain step by step procedures with illustrations side by side with the description, giving clarity to the instructions. The first section explores matter, energy, heat and the basics of refrigeration with a view towards building a working knowledge of the behavior of heat and how it is transferred. Next, the start up and service section illustrates the steps that must be followed to make certain that airflow through the system is correct and the amount of refrigerant in the system is within the acceptable range. Finally the installation and service of oil, gas, electric and geothermal heating systems is covered as well as boilers, hydronic heating and radiant heating.
- Green Tip boxes and Green Checklists highlight tips and topics for you and your students on new "green" construction methods as they relate to HVAC.
- Covers the installation, startup and service of residential air conditioning and heating systems in a full color, comprehensive HVAC book for aspiring technicians. Detailed troubleshooting chapters cover common electrical and mechanical problems to teach real world problem solving techniques.
- Presents strong theory in conjunction with a hands on practical approach using proven methods by HVAC professionals to get the job done right the first time, on time. Instructions contain step by step procedures with illustrations of the procedure side by side with the description, giving clarity to the instructions.
- Contains review questions at the end of each chapter, designed to reinforce the information learned in the chapter.
- Contains additional safety sections, new information on "green issues" and expanded information on system wiring and wiring diagrams including a new chapter on system testing and balancing.